Welcome!

I am the author of Tales of Pixie the Cat: Four Short Stories and Newfoundland Nights: The Invisible Newf and Other Stories, now available on Amazon for Kindle. I hope you enjoy your stay here, as I discuss my book, future books, animal welfare news/stories, and other things that interest me.

Monday, December 5, 2011

My Next Book

I'm hard at work editing my next short story collection. I have a feeling the cover will be even better this time around. The title is Newfoundland Nights: The Invisible Newf and Other Stories. My goal is to have it up for sale at the end of the week, so stay tuned!

Unlike in Pixie, none of these stories are interconnected; they all stand alone with almost no shared characters between them. Think of Aesop's Fables but with dogs; each story has a good message for kids. One such story involves a tripod dog who shows he is not disabled just because he's missing a leg. Another is a about a dog who gets bullied, but learns to accept himself as he is and love what makes him special. The only one that doesn't really have a message is the story in the title; at least it doesn't have one at this point of time, but is a sweet story anyway.

I hope you will be interested in checking it out. Just like my first book, I'm also donating a large chunk of royalties to a local no-kill animal shelter. So every sale will make a difference for a dog while they wait for their forever home. Thanks for supporting my efforts to help my favorite animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment