Welcome!

I am the author of Tales of Pixie the Cat: Four Short Stories and Newfoundland Nights: The Invisible Newf and Other Stories, now available on Amazon for Kindle. I hope you enjoy your stay here, as I discuss my book, future books, animal welfare news/stories, and other things that interest me.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hello again, I'm still here

I know it's been a very long time since the last post. Honestly I have many projects started but none complete. I now want to change that. I have been writing, but mostly on work-related stuff and journaling. I really hadn't touched my stories I've started because I either didn't know where to take them or "didn't feel like it."

The latter makes me sad, but it's the honest truth. So what types of stories have I started?

1. An urban fantasy about a young woman who finds herself alone with dog tags and a tattoo she can't remember. It's somewhat of a mystery and she isn't quite human anymore. It follows her in her journey to discovery. I see this one as possibly multiple books. Whether a duology or trilogy, I'm not sure yet. I'm also in love with this character. Her name is Caelyn West.

2. A YA book about a girl named Aisling with the ability to dream walk crime scenes after they happen. The idea came to me after the Boston Marathon bombing. I'm not sure how well it will turn out, but I want to try. Tentatively named "Eyewitness."

3. A YA realistic fiction in journal style, with a mix of poetry and prose. Subject matter is based on my own experiences. This is more of a therapeutic project, but it's important to me. I love the title and pretty sure I don't want to change it, but I don't want to share it at this point either.

4. Adult post-apocalyptic with not-quite zombies, from the perspective of a male hunter named Mick. I like writing in the male voice, but can only manage to write in the voice of adult males... However, this was paused and placed on the back burner because I have to figure out the science of my concept and its believability. I love what has been written in it so far though. No tentative title yet.

5. This has been on the backburner for years, but I'd love to return to it. A comedic story inspired by Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, 3rd person with male protagonist. Comedy is very fun to write but for some reason I just haven't been in the mood to do it. No tentative title yet.

So these are the projects. Idea 2 and 3 popped up more recently, the others are older. To fellow writers: When you have multiple ideas and all have been started, even if just a single chapter or two, how do you settle on which one to dedicate yourself to writing? I struggle with this, which is why nothing is done and I get overwhelmed.

Before I go, I just want to extend a thank you to readers who have bought one or both my Kindle books. I almost have enough for my next donation to the shelter. So far, only $25 have been donated with your help. However, that's still money that went to a good cause regardless if it sounds small. I've made additional donations personally, but that's what came from the books. There's currently $16 waiting to be donated, but I'm waiting until it reaches $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment